This year, try out this mocktail recipe featuring rooibos tea and pomegranate for a sweet and tart combination that will help you wind down. This mocktail is light and sweet with a hint of mint from one of our favorite chamomile mint rooibos tea blends, making it perfect for spring or summertime sipping. It's easy enough to make at home but fancy enough to serve at your next party!
Rooibos is a mild, sweet, and naturally sweet-tasting tea. It has a smooth, slightly nutty flavor that makes it a great base for both hot and cold tea beverages. Rooibos blends well with a variety of fruits, especially citrus and apple flavors. This is a great way to use up those odds and ends you never know what to do with.
This blend combines the uplifting, clean taste of our chamomile mint rooibos tea with the bright and tart flavors of pomegranate and freshness from tangy lime juice. The addition of pomegranate and the spritz of sparkling water gives it a special touch of sweet-tart flavor and a taste profile unlike any black, green, or red tea. You'll want to make a big batch of this one since it will be gone before you know it!
Rooibos and Pomegranate Mocktail
- 2 cups chamomile rooibos tea
- 1 cup pomegranate juice.
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (optional).
- Ice cubes
- Pomegranate seeds
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Edible flowers
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water into the pot, and then add 2 tablespoons of chamomile mint rooibos tea into your pot. Leave the tea steep for 5 minutes before straining the tea leaves using a fine mesh strainer. Cool to room temperature.
- Add chamomile rooibos tea, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and sugar syrup to a cocktail shaker. Shake until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over a glass filled with ice cubes, and then garnish with a few mint sprigs or slices of lime and pomegranate seeds as per your liking!
Chamomile mint rooibos tea is one of the best drinks to enjoy in the afternoon or on a hot summer day. You will enjoy its soothing taste and aroma when you are stressed out and need a little relaxation. Rooibos tea also contains many antioxidants that help fight off free radicals from damaging your body cells over time—which makes this beverage perfect for those looking for an alternative way to boost their immune system!